Wednesday, October 12, 2011

It's Time!

It's time for a change- a JOB change!



As many of you know I have worked for a BIG 4 accounting firm called KPMG, LLP for the last 3 1/2 years. Over these past few years I have definitely learned a ton, grown intellectually and professionally, and most of all made many friendships with the great people who work in the Salt Lake City office. However, along with working for a BIG 4 professional accounting firm also comes a lot of dedication, hard work, sleepless nights, fatigue, and an overwhelming feeling that more often than not, you have absolutely NO life! Many of my good friends, parents, grand-parents and others have wondered when this splendid day would come, that I would choose a more balanced/healthy life-style, and now it has come!



I have recently accepted a position at Savage Services Company. I will be working in the accounting department (obviously) performing many different responsibilities including: JV accounting, international accounting, and financial reporting. I am so excited! This job opportunity came to me through a "head-hunter/recruiter" who came across my information and happened to give me a call. So I decided to take a leap of faith, interview, research, and eventually make the decision to accept the position. I am excited for the new adventures this opportunity brings- especially the potential for a better and healthier work/life balance.

Hooray!

5 comments:

Shauna said...

Good for you. I think you will enjoy working on the industry side of accounting - I did! Now when is your hubby going to get a new job, so you guys can spend time together?!

melissa said...

Yay!! I am SO happy for you. You stuck it out for a long time, and you will LOVE your new life. :) I'm sure there are still a few busy days to come, but nothing like Big 4 busy season. And I know you posted them FOREVER AGO, but your bridals are so beautiful!!!! I can't wait to see wedding pictures! (I didn't miss them, did I?) Ahh, I wish it weren't so easy to lose touch when you change jobs, move out of state, and have kids... Hopefully someday I get to see you again, but in the meantime, blogs will have to suffice. You are and always will be one of my favorite people. I'm so happy to see that you are happy!

Emily said...

This is very exciting news!! I'm really happy that you are switching things up (cause you know, getting married and moving away from home, etc just wasn't enough ha ha). I'm sure you will love the hours more- yay for you! Let us know how much you are liking it in the future! Congrats, and good luck!

Laura said...

Great news Aubrey! I've always said change is good :) Good luck with the new job, I'm sure you'll do great!

Shawn and Ali said...

Congrats. Sounds like a good change.