Friday, July 29, 2011

Miss You...

To my dearest friend and confidant, my Grandmother:

I visited your grave this week,
I hope you like the two little flowers I left for you.

I sat alone, silently in front of your beautiful gravestone and pondered,
A flood of memories filled with laughter, love, knowledge, and family filled my mind.

I shed more than a few tears in realization of your absence,
Being comforted only at the thought of reunion through eternity.

I'm getting married in a month- to my best friend,
I am glad you had a change to meet him, because he's definitely one in a million.

I would have loved to spend hours with you,
Showing you the gorgeous diamond ring he gave me, because I know you'd love it.

I had hoped you'd be there with me,
When I shopped for and found the perfect dress, because it is beautiful.

Above all, I always wanted you to be there with me, in the temple when I was married,
Now, more than ever I am comforted to know that you will!

I love you, miss you, and can't wait to be with you again someday- you are truly my hero.

Love Always,

Aub.







1 comment:

Jaimee Anderson said...

Still tear up when I read this, and I've read it at least three times already! I miss Grandma too, and felt all the same things when I got married. She'll be there, though. :)